- General information on the discipline
- The course “The cluster approach and cluster analysis in the forestry sector,” reads for mahistiv 5 year technology faculty in “Wood Technology”.
The objectives of the course is to develop in students:
- Identify and analyze the structure of the forest sector state (region);
- analyze forest resources of the state (region) based on potential and Ch purpose of discipline formation in students the ability to perform cluster analysis of the forest sector, the skills and inclination to comprehensive and systematic evaluation of segments of the forest sector and to develop recommendations to improve their competitiveness through collaboration with stakeholders. obalnyh trends to form a cluster;
- determine the priorities of the forestry sector;
- identify the cluster;
- analyze existing business climate state (region) and to assess its impact on the development of the cluster;
- analyze the state of the industry on the basic parameters of forestry, wood processing and wood products manufacturing, furniture manufacturing, pulp and paper production state (region) and to determine on the basis of this analysis perspective direction of the industry;
- use the statistical studies and regression analysis in the implementation of cluster analysis;
- use methods of SWOT-analysis, SPACE-analysis, build GE / McKinsley-matrix and the chain of value added in the course of cluster analysis, develop recommendations for implementing selected strategies;
- determine the index of investment attractiveness of forestry sub-sector and sector.
The program of lectures on the subject “Cluster approach and cluster analysis in the forestry sector”
- Competitiveness in a globalized: features and prospects. Competitiveness in the context of globalization. The effects of globalization: the stages of development from an industrial society to a knowledge society.
- Cluster approach as a tool for sustainable development. The concept of cluster. Components of the cluster (cluster model). Advantages cluster approach.
- Theoretical Foundations cluster analysis. Cluster concept. Levels of analysis: micro, meso and macro. The main methodological approaches to performance analysis. Cluster analysis methods and their comparative characteristics. Background of clusters. The basic classification features clusters.
- Development of clusters stages and patterns. Support for cluster development. Steps to support cluster development. Cluster initiatives.
- Forestry sector of Ukraine: the structure and features. Potential benefits and risks of development of the forestry sector in Ukraine. General characteristics of the forest resources of Ukraine.
- Analysis of the resource potential of the forest cluster Carpathian region of Ukraine. General characteristics of the resource potential of the forest cluster Carpathian region of Ukraine.
- Analysis of the main components of the forest cluster. Processing of timber and wood products: wood cutting, plate production of wood materials, joinery and carpentry industry. Pulp and paper industry. Furniture industry. Gender Analysis.
- Analysis of the competitive advantages of the use of non-timber forest products, forest ecosystems and wood waste. Sustainable tourism based on forest ecosystems, the use of non-timber forest resources, hunting. The use of wood waste in the forest cluster. Production of energy from wood. Educational and scientific services.
- Analysis of intra interaction in the forestry sector in the context of competitive strategy. Analysis of intra interaction to identify the “gaps” in the production chain. Analysis of intra-relationships for optimization and cost reduction in certain levels. Scheme of the chain of added value.
- Cluster Management. Forming a focal point and identify the agents cluster. Organizational forms and material resources. Government programs and private initiatives of clusters.
- Statistical analysis as a tool in cluster analysis. Introduction. The structure and tasks of practical training. Use of statistical analysis in the use of the cluster approach.
- Methods for predicting the development of clusters. Using regression analysis in the process of using the cluster approach.
- Strategic analysis of the competitive position of large, medium and small enterprises. SWOT-analysis of the competitive position in regard to basic business Carpathian region.
- Sectoral strategic analysis of competitive positions. SPACE-analysis of strategic positions for large, medium and small enterprises in forestry in the Carpathian region.
- Multifactorial model for strategic planning. GE / McKinsley-matrix as multifactor model comparative analysis of individual sectors in forestry in the Carpathian region.
- Methodology investment attractiveness. Calculation of investment attractiveness of individual sectors in forestry in the Carpathian region.
- The essence of value added and the logic of its creation in processing wood. Construction value chain and its analysis.
- Fundamentals of cluster management. Develop recommendations based on the results of cluster analysis.
Program execution program studies the discipline of “cluster approach and cluster analysis in the forestry sector”
- Construction and testing of statistical hypotheses based on the calculated performance of forest industries sector. Introduction. The structure and tasks of practical training. Giving tasks to independent work. Statistical analysis as a tool in cluster analysis. Use of statistical analysis in the application cluster approach. Statistical observation. The calculation of statistical indicators. Testing statistical hypotheses. Plotting and charting, analysis.
- Prediction of cluster woodworking and furniture industries on the basis of statistical data. Methods for predicting the development of clusters. Using regression analysis in the process of using the cluster approach. Select type of model. Business graphics.
- SWOT-analysis of the competitive position in regard to basic business Carpathian region. Strategic analysis of the competitive position of large, medium and small enterprises.
- SPACE – Analysis strategic position for line of forestry sector in the Carpathian region. In sectoral strategic analysis of competitive positions. Defining strategic position on the basis of two groups of factors: external and internal.
- Construction of the GE / McKinsley-matrix to determine the competitive strategy forestry sector Carpathian region. Multifactorial model for strategic planning. GE / McKinsley-matrix as multifactor model benchmarking.
- Calculation of investment attractiveness of individual sectors in forestry in the Carpathian region. Methodology investment attractiveness.
- Construction value chain and its analysis. The essence of value added and the logic of its creation in processing wood.
- Development of measures of cluster management. Fundamentals of cluster management. Develop recommendations based on the results of cluster analysis.
- Development objectives and activities of the cluster.
Training for the courses:
- The main and auxiliary literatur
- Guide to Cluster Development. – 2006. – 38 p. – Mode of access: https://economy-mk.gov.ua/download/books/ClusterHandbookUkr.pdf . – Title screen.
- Cluster analysis of the forest sector in the Carpathian region of Ukraine and recommendations for cluster management: final report / Kiiko OA, Jacob M., Voitovich IG, Andreas Schulte, Uwe Keys, Radmila Ustich et al. – Scientific publications, 312 p. – 2008. ( download , 780 kB, PDF)
- Program sectoral clusters: a review. Richard Bland, Center for Applied Economics, University of South Australia. – Mode of access: https://business.unisa.edu.au/cid/publications/blandy/BV2010_clusters_report.pdf .
- Economic analysis of the central part of the region P’yudzhet Sound. Partnership prosperity. – Mode of access: https://www.prosperitypartnership.org/strategy/v2_pt3.pdf .
- Kiiko OA Furniture: growth problems through the prism of education / O. A. Kiiko / / Derevoobrobnyk: weekly newspaper for the industry. – № 5, 2006.
- Kiiko OA Status and prospects of furniture in Ukraine / O. A. Kiiko / / Journal for manufacturers of furniture “Furniture technology.” – № 10 (31), 2006.
- Kiiko OA Cluster analysis – a powerful tool or just another fashion concept? / O. A. Kiiko / / Derevoobrobnyk: weekly newspaper for the industry. – № 24 (162), 2006.
- Kiiko OA Choosing the path of development of the furniture industry in Ukraine / O. A. Kiiko / / Journal for manufacturers of furniture “Furniture technology.” – № 3 (34), 2007.
- Kiiko OA Do swallows “Eastern Tiger” Ukrainian “furniture mouse”? / O. A. Kiiko / / Newspaper “Mirror of the week.” – № 26 (655), 2007 ( download , PDF).
- Kiiko OA Problems of Innovation in the furniture industry of Ukraine / O. A. Kiiko / / Journal “On the furniture.” – № 4 (29), 2007.
- Gabriela Alvarez. Competitiveness through klasterynh exports. Strategic thinking. – Mode of access: https://www.intracen.org/execforum/ef2005/ .
- Radchenko KI Strategic analysis in business: teach. Guide. / K.I.Radchenko. – Lions: Altair, 2003. – 272 p.
- Porter M. Competitive Strategy (translated from English.). / M. Porter. – K.: Fundamentals, 1997. – 387 p.
- Sokolenko SI Proyzvodstvennыe system of globalization. Networks. Alyansы. Partnership. Clusters: Ukrainian. context. / SI Sokolenko – K.: Logos, 2002. – 648 p.
- Dolzhansky I., T. wrap Competitiveness Enterprise: teach. Manual / I. Dolzhansky, T. wrap – K. TSNL, 2006. – 384 p.
- Forest Policy: Theory and Practice / / Authors by science. yet. prof., des Synyakevych IM Monograph. – Lions: LA “Pyramid”, 2008. – 612 p.
- Tkachuk IG, Kropelnytska SO Financial management of new production systems: theory, methodology, practice: a monograph / I.H.Tkachuk, SO Kropelnytska – Ivano-Frankivsk: Tipovit, 2009. – 264 p.
- Tkachuk IG, Kropelnytska SO, Petruniak AD The production for the cluster model: teach. user / I.H.Tkachuk, SO Kropelnytska. – Ivano-Frankivsk: Play, 2009. – 280 p.
- Scottish forest cluster industries (UK). – Mode of access: www.forestryscotland.com .
- Association of Finnish forest industries (Finland). – Mode of access: www.forestindustries.fi .
- Paper province (Sweden). – Mode of access: www.paperprovince.com .
- Future initiative furniture industry (Germany). – Mode of access: www.zimit.de .
- Cluster initiative wood and wood Bavaria (Germany). – Mode of access: www.cluster-forstholzbayern.de .
- Forest cluster Styria. – Mode of access: www.holzcluster-steiermark.at .
- Cluster wooden furniture Central Tansdanubiyi. – Mode of access: www.kdrfu.hu .
- Cluster wood and furniture Pannonia. – Mode of access: www.panfa.hu .
- Slovenian wood cluster. – Mode of access: https://grozd.sloles.com/en .
- Moravian-Silesian wood cluster. – Mode of access: www.msdk.cz .
- Lithuanian forest cluster. – Mode of access: www.lietuvosmediena.lt .
- Latvian national forest cluster. – Mode of access: www.forestcluster.lv.
Work programs and plans
Materials for lectures and practical classes, modules and examinations