SUMMARY OF DISCIPLINE
Basics of the researching methods in the woodworking
Specialties: Technology of woodworking , Technology of wooden products
Educational qualification level Master
1. Introduction. The purpose and structure of the course. Scientific problems of course.
2. Structure of scientific research. Formation of topics, objectives and tasks of research,
classification and methods of experimentation.
3. The purpose and objectives of a scientific experiment. Statistical analysis of the results of
the search experiment. The laws of distribution of random numbers. Histogram distribution.
4. Verification of statistical hypotheses. Removing misses. Testing the hypothesis of
homogeneity. Determining the number of duplicate observations.
5. Selection the type of models. Methods of the multifactor experiment planning. Development
of methodical grid of the research and planning of the control card.
6. Full factorial plan. Matrix FFP and its properties. Encoding factors. Plans of the second
B-plans. URP – plans.
7. Methods of the experimental optimization.
8. Methods of the simulation. Visualization of the technological information. The rules of the
scientific articles of writing.
Results of the study:
The purpose of discipline is to develop the students' ability to apply the methods of scientific
research in woodworking, skills and inclination for research work, ability to raise and solve
scientific problems, to encourage research activities in the divisions and departments of the
The graduate-bachelor should know:
• basics of correlation analysis;
• basics of regression analysis;
• basics of the technological processes modeling .
The graduate-bachelor should be able to:
• carry out statistical analysis of the researching results;
• apply the procedure of the statistical hypotheses verification in regard to woodworking
• carry out analytical literature review of a given topic;
• set the theme and objectives of studies based on prior information and previous studies
• develop and justify the methodology of the research;
• carry out statistical analysis and research results treatment;
• build the mathematical models on the base of receiving results;
• perform optimization mathematical model;
• analyze mathematical model based on experimental and theoretical research;
• use a PC to facilitate the tasks provided for in this discipline;
• write the scientific articles.
Responsible for the course: Doctor of Science, Professor Orest Kiyko.